Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ritz Cracker Pie



This is one of my hubby's absolute favorite pies. His mom used to make it for him for his birthday every year. I am not sure where she got the recipe but she says it is also called Surprise Pie.




Ingredients:

3 Egg Whites
1/2 c. chopped pecans
scant cup sugar (which means not quite a cup)
pinch of salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking powder
20 Ritz crackers
Cool Whip

Spray a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. Beat egg whites until peaks form. Slowly add in sugar. Then add pinch of salt and vanilla. Crush Ritz crackers and mix them with baking powder. Blend the two mixtures together and add pecans. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

After cooling, add Cool Whip and serve.


I have no suggestions for this one. My mother-in-law is an amazing cook and this is a pretty great pie. It's hard to believe that it's made of Ritz Crackers. Not too difficult to make either.

2 comments:

  1. There is another similar recipe for a fake apple pie that uses Ritz crackers. This sounds really good and really easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tasty but I tell Jason I really think it's more like something you would expect of a bar than a pie. My mother-in-law doubles the recipe and makes it in a 9x13 dish. And yep, it's really easy to make :)

    ReplyDelete